Several activities take place here
- A list has been made of protestant property in the area : temples, houses of prayer, churchyards, furniture, objects of interest, etc.,
- Local government commissions or private owners have indexed what needed to be protected or restored,
- Information bulletins are published describing the results of studies made on protestant property.
- Collections have been built up of furniture, costumes, jewellery, books, deeds and documents, which show how the protestants in Saintonge used to live.
You can see these collections every summer – they are included in exhibitions about protestantism held in the parish buildings of the Eglise reformée of the îles de Saintonge.
But in the future, they will be housed in a XIXth century building which has been converted into a cultural centre, in the commune of Tremblade (Charente-Maritime). The two collections of the present Maritime Museum are permanently on show there.
House of Protestantism in Charentes
19 rue du Bourg
The House of Protestantism
19 rue du Bourg 17530 ARVERT
- Site de la Maison de l’histoire du protestantisme charentais | Link
- The French Protestant Museum of the West of France
- Musée du protestantisme de Ferrières
- Museum of Protestantism in the Vivarais region
- Jean Calvin museum
- The protestant Museum in the Wassy barn