A temple spared during the 17th century campaigns of destruction
The Pontorson place of worship was on the the Montgomery-Lorge grounds. The edifice may initially have been a tithe-barn in which windows were opened, and the building transformed into a temple.
Built before the Edict of Nantes in 1598, it was to be officially used as a temple until 1625. It was then closed under the pressure of the Catholics and used as a store. It was never to be used again as a temple. It was recently bought by the city, protected as a national trust building and managed by an Association to safeguard the Pontorson place of worship.