Le Fleix (Dordogne) - The Castle Temple
It has been a shrine of Protestantism since the early days. Fleix castle was inhabited by Henri de Navarre in 1580, and by Charles IX’s brother, the Duke of Anjou, sent there to try and put an and to the 7th War of Religion. Henri III ratified the Treaty of Fleix on 26 November 1580. Fleix castle had been renovated in the Renaissance, but was ransacked during the Revolution, and later sold as national property. In 1805 its last owner, the Protestant Pierre Imbert, gave it to fellow Protestants. It became a Protestant place of worship in 1806.
In 1898 extensive renovation was undertaken. To this day Fleix Temple is still a place of worship for the Reformed Church.
Bordeaux (Gironde) - Hâ Temple
The former chapel of the Convent of the Daughters of Notre-Dame de l’Annonciade, dedicated to educating and converting young Huguenot ladies, has been a Reformed church since 1806. It is currently called Bordeaux-Centre Temple or Hâ Temple, after the street on which it stands.
- DUBIEF Henri et POUJOL Jacques, La France protestante, Histoire et Lieux de mémoire, Max Chaleil éditeur, Montpellier, 1992, rééd. 2006, p. 450
- LAURENT René, Promenade à travers les temples de France, Les Presses du Languedoc, Millau, 1996, p. 520